If you’re looking for comfort in your sandals it can be a struggle. More times than not you will find a sandal style you love but the flat, hard footbed is unsupportive, leaving your feet aching at the end of the day, and leaving you wondering, ‘Why can’t they just make these more comfortable?!’
But you don’t have to sacrifice comfort to get the look you’re after. Lucky for you the comfort footwear industry is trending toward fashionable comfort. Say goodbye to grandma velcro and say hello to beautiful, modern comfort.
To prove my point, that comfortable sandals that are fashionable are real, here is a list of some of my favorite sandals for spring/summer 2016.
1. Birkenstock Women’s Dorothy – if you’re not a fan of the traditional Arizona from Birkenstock and you prefer something more slimming on the foot, this is the perfect alternative. Not only do you get all the support and custom foot contouring Birkenstock is known for, you get all of that in a sleek cork wedge and thinner straps. Current price: $119.95
2. Earth Women’s Seaside – not only is this the rare white sandal you’ve been looking for, it’s probably more than you were hoping for! It’s incredibly supportive with excellent arch support and a soft footbed. The best thing about these sandals is you would never know all that comfort is packed into such a beautiful sandal. The beadwork down the front is gorgeous and the strap in the back is adjustable for the perfect fit. Current price: $89.95
3. Pikolinos Women’s Alcudia 816-7585 – this gladiator style sandal is crafted so beautifully, with laced straps all the way up the front for the best adjustable fit, and a zipper in the back that is both functional and stunning. The Olive leather is a rich color, and the croco pattern on the heel adds extra interests and makes these look like high end designer shoes. The Alcudia 816-7585 features a small heel and a gel foam padded mid-sole. Current price: $159.95
4. El Naturalista Tulip NF32 – Talk about modern and minimalistic. Fun fact about these… the rubber sole is biodegradable! Fashionable.. check! Comfortable…check! Environmentally friendly…check! Current price: $119.95
5. Mephisto Women’s Italia – With this sandal wedge not only do you get the resort wear look, you get the resort feel. If you have never worn Mephisto shoes before you are missing out! The suede covered cork footbed contours to your foot the more you wear it. I love the gold buckle and the back black strap and the metallic straps across the front are so chic. Current price: $214.95
6. OluKai Women’s Ho’Opio Leather – If you’re looking for a traditional flip flop style but want a slightly elevated version of a casual sandals, this is it. OluKai has mastered taking popular styles, adding a ton of comfort and a perfect amount of island inspiration. If you’ve ever looked I’m sure you know it is hard to find a flip flop sandal with arch support. These are incredible. The Ho’Opio is also a slightly more slender style than some of the other OluKai sandals if you’re into that sort of thing. Try them, you’ll love them! Current price: $74.95
There are so many more incredible sandals to choose from that could easily go on this list – you’ll have to see for yourself. Browse our Men’s Sandals, Women’s Sandals and Kids Sandals and enjoy free 3 day shipping on orders over $60!